Category: jqwzceyy

AGO names prosecutor Pinangki money laundering suspect in connection to Djoko Tjandra case

No Comments

first_imgIn June 2009, the Supreme Court sentenced Djoko to two years in prison and ordered him to pay Rp 546 billion ($37.26 million) in restitution, but he fled the country a day before his conviction and remained at large for more than a decade before finally being arrested in Malaysia and deported to Indonesia in late July this year.Speaking separately on Friday, Supreme Court spokesperson Andi Samsan Nganro denied receiving a request for Djoko’s acquittal from Pinangki.”We have checked, but no request was made for an acquittal in relation to Djoko Tjandra’s case,” Andi said as quoted by kompas.com.He further explained that prevailing regulations only allowed the Supreme Court to grant acquittals to institutions, not individuals. Pinangki was arrested at her residence on Aug. 12. The AGO declared her guilty of an ethics violation for going on nine international trips to Singapore and Malaysia in 2019, reportedly to meet with Djoko, while he was still at large. Both Djoko and Pinangki were charged under Article 5 of the Corruption Law, which carries a maximum punishment of five years’ imprisonment and a fine of Rp 250 million. (vny)Topics : The AGO also seized documents and Pinangki’s luxury car during the search, he added.According to the AGO, Djoko allegedly conspired with Pinangki to get the Supreme Court to acquit him and overturn the court’s own decision from 2009 declaring him guilty for his involvement in the high-profile Bank Bali corruption case.”We are still investigating to find out more about their relationship,” AGO spokesman Hari Setiyono said last week.Read also: House plans to revise AGO law The Attorney General’s Office (AGO) has named prosecutor Pinangki Sirna Malasari a suspect of money laundering and bribery after she allegedly received money from graft convict Djoko Soegiarto Tjandra to help him secure a Supreme Court acquittal.Investigation director for the AGO’s junior attorney for special crimes, Febrie Adriansyah, said his team was currently tracing where the US$500,000 allegedly given to Pinangki had gone.”We have searched two of her apartments,” Febrie said on Tuesday.last_img read more

‘I like what I saw,’ US FAA chief on Boeing 737 MAX test flight

No Comments

first_img“We are not to the point yet where we have completed the process,” Dickson said.The flight was a key part of the US planemaker’s long-delayed quest to persuade the FAA to lift a March 2019 grounding order triggered by 737 MAX crashes in Ethiopia and Indonesia that killed 346 people within a five-month period.The accidents plunged Boeing into its worst-ever crisis, strained its relationship with the FAA, threw into question the US regulator’s position as the standard-bearer for global aviation safety and prompted bipartisan calls in Congress to overhaul how the FAA certifies new airplanes.Critics, including a crash victim’s father, said the flight amounted to a publicity stunt and demanded the FAA release test data and other information so outside experts can make their own assessments. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Chief Steve Dickson conducted a nearly two-hour evaluation flight at the controls of a Boeing 737 MAX on Wednesday, a milestone for the jet to win approval to resume flying after two fatal crashes.Dickson, a former military and commercial pilot, and other FAA and Boeing pilots landed shortly before 11 a.m. local time (1800 GMT) at King County International Airport – also known as Boeing Field – in the Seattle area.“I like what I saw on the flight,” Dickson told a news conference afterwards, but said he was not ready to give the jet a clean bill of health, with FAA reviews still ongoing. “Without that secret data, independent experts and the public cannot confirm whether the aircraft is safe,” said Michael Stumo, whose daughter was among the 157 people killed in the second 737 MAX crash, in Ethiopia.Dickson said he completed new proposed pilot training requirements, a simulator session, and then conducted midair tests of 737 MAX design and operating changes intended to prevent disasters similar to the two crashes.In both accidents, a flawed control system known as MCAS, triggered by faulty data from a single airflow sensor, repeatedly and forcefully pushed down the jet’s nose as pilots struggled to intervene.If Dickson’s flight and broader reviews go well, the FAA is seen as likely to lift its US grounding order in November, sources said on Wednesday, putting the MAX on a path to resume commercial service potentially before year-end.That timeline jibes with comments last week from Dickson’s counterpart in Europe, Patrick Ky. He said the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) expects to lift its technical ban “not long” after the FAA, but national operational clearances needed for individual airlines to resume flying could take longer.Separately, the US House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure on Wednesday unanimously approved bipartisan legislation to reform the FAA’s aircraft certification process in the wake of the 737 MAX crashes.Topics :last_img read more

Cocaine Seized from Tanzania-Flagged Ship

No Comments

first_imgDutch naval forces have intercepted a Tanzania-flagged merchant vessel carrying 1,600 kilos of cocaine aboard.The suspected vessel was first spotted by an NH-90 helicopter, deployed with the Dutch naval vessel Zr. Ms. Van Speijk, on December 25.It was boarded by the US Coast Guard the next day. The officers conducted a search aboard the unnamed merchant vessel but did not find the illegal cargo.The ship in question was then escorted to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, where another search was undertaken by the USCG law enforcement detachment (LEDET).Following a thorough inspection, the officials located 1,600 kilos of cocaine hidden in a space between the fuel tanks aboard the ship on December 31.The vessel, together with the illegal cargo and its seafarers, was transferred to the relevant authorities in the Dominican Republic for further investigation.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more

Brian Alleyne had no interest in the Chief Justice position –PM Skerrit

No Comments

first_img Tweet Share LocalNews Brian Alleyne had no interest in the Chief Justice position –PM Skerrit by: – April 2, 2012 Share Sharecenter_img 132 Views   one comment Sharing is caring! Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit. Prime Minister of Dominica Roosevelt Skerrit is refuting claims which suggest that there is a level of political interference where the judiciary of the sub-region is concerned.There has been widespread claims that Dominican Sir Brian Alleyne remained acting in the post of Chief Justice, allegedly because Grenada’s Prime Minister Keith Mitchell was not in support of him being in that position.However the prime minister told a press conference last week that Sir Brian Alleyne indicated that he was not interested in the position.“Sir Brian had indicated to us that he had no interest in being appointed to the post. He told us that at a meeting before Grenada indicated its objection,” he said.The prime minister said “as prime minister I would have loved to have a Dominican sitting in that position but he indicated that he wasn’t interested. Even when the ECS and the Dominica bar were coming to lobby, I said this is the situation”.Sir. Brian Alleyne. Photo credit: da-academy.orgHowever Sir Brian Alleyne has brushed aside the prime minister’s claims.He denied categorically telling OECS heads of government that he was not interested in the position of Chief Justice.“I really don’t know what would prompt the prime minister to say something like that. The only thing I can think about is that initially when I was acting in the position, Sir Denise Byron was still chief justice although he was on leave. At that stage I thought that he might be coming back so that the post wasn’t really opened. Once it was clear that he wasn’t coming back, I was available for the position”, he explained.Sir Brian served as acting Chief Justice of the OECS Supreme Court from 2005 to 2007.“I was happy to have served in the position. I have no regrets. I did my best. I don’t understand why Skerrit would make such a statement,” he concluded.Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

May 24, 2018 Police Blotter

No Comments

first_imgMay 24, 2018 Police Blotter052418 Decatur County Fire Report052418 Decatur County EMS Report052418 Decatur County Law Report052418 Decatur County Jail Report052418 Ripley County Jail Report052418 Ripley County 911 Reportlast_img

Chamber needs to hear from local businesses

No Comments

first_imgBatesville, IN—The Batesville Area Chamber of Commerce is gathering business information related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for a link to the survey and please complete the survey by Monday, April, 20.last_img

Live action returns in style on SuperSport

No Comments

first_imgDStv and GOtv subscribers can look forward to the return of live sport this week, including action from the ongoing La Liga, Charles Schwab Challenge, RBC Heritage tournament from golf’s PGA Tour, New Zealand’s Aotearoa rugby competition, UFC Fight Night and WWE Backlash.These events will be broadcast from June 12 to 18 on various SuperSport channels, exclusive to DStv and GOtv subscribers. Football fans will be delighted to see La Liga back in full force, with the resumption of the title race between Barcelona and Real Madrid.Also, African football fans will be able to watch some of the continent’s best exports in the top-flight Spanish league such as Thomas Partey, Aissa Mandi and Samuel Chukwueze return to action.The pick of games on offer this week is the meeting between Real Madrid and Valencia at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on June 18.The match will kick-off at 9pm on SuperSport 7 to DStv subscribers and SuperSport Select 4 to GOtv subscribers.In action for will be Geoffrey Kondogbia, the Central African Republic midfielder, who will be looking to thwart the Los Blancos stars in the “engine room”. Professional rugby returns with two matches from New Zealand’s Aotearoa: Highlanders versus Chiefs on June 13 and Blues versus Hurricanes on June 14.The matches will be broadcast at 6am on Saturday and 4am on Sunday respectively on SuperSport 1.The rugby matches will see the introduction of several new innovations, including golden point and the ability to replace players following a red card.Existing laws at the breakdown will be applied more strictly to create faster-attacking game and a fairer contest.The first PGA Tour event to return to the golf calendar is the Charles Schwab Challenge, with days 2, 3 and 5 live on SuperSport from June 12 to 14. Broadcast of day 1 begins at 9pm on June 12 on SuperSport 1 and 5, day 3 action begins at 6pm on June 13 on SuperSport 1 and 5, while day 4 action starts at 6pm on June 14 on SuperSport 1.Also, the RBC Heritage tournament from South Carolina begins on June 18, with live coverage commencing at 8pm on SuperSport 1 and 5.The Ultimate Fighting Championship was one of the first sports event to return after the effects of world events.The APEX facility in Las Vegas will host the UFC Fight Night on June 14.RelatedPosts Super Eagles stars model new national team jersey Osimhen, Chukwueze begin 14-day Isolation in Lagos Chukwueze gets new coach at Villarreal The event will start at 2am live on SuperSport 11.The main bout is a women’s flyweight match between Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo.The mixed martial fight event will also feature a co-main event between middleweights Karl Roberson and Marvin Vettori.The pair have major bad blood between them after two previous cancellations.The WWE, which also resumed earlier, will hold another special event tagged: “Backlash,” on June 15.The fights will be broadcast from 12 midnight on SuperSport 1,4 and 9 to DStv subscribers and SuperSport Select 5 to GOtv subscribers.The event will be headlined by a match for the WWE Championship bout between titleholder, Drew McIntyre, and Bobby Lashley.McIntyre has been the champion since WrestleMania when he defeated Brock Lesnar in impressive style.But Lashley – with his incredible power and athleticism – represents a genuine threat to the Scotsman’s reign.For more details on these events and other sporting activities, visit www.dstv.com and www.gotvafrica.com or download MyDStvApp and MyGOtvApp to subscribe or upgrade, and join in on the excitement.And while you’re on the move, you can stream matches on DStv Now.—Tags: Aissa MandiCharles Schwab ChallengeLive actionSamuel ChukwuezeSuperSport ChannelsWWE Backlashlast_img read more

O’Driscoll set for Six Nations swansong

No Comments

first_img O’Driscoll, along with centre partner Luke Marshall, was concussed during last weekend’s 13-13 draw with France, but both players have been passed fit for the trip to Rome on Saturday. They are joined in the backline by Jonathan Sexton, who is restored at fly-half having missed the last two matches against Scotland and France with a hamstring problem but there is a slight doubt over Sexton’s fitness and the Lions contender is being examined for a minor injury, according to head coach Declan Kidney. “Jonny turned over on his foot a little bit this morning, but we expect that he’ll be fine. He’s being checked out now. Ian Madigan will travel with us as cover,” Kidney said. “Jonny’s very keen to get going now and is very happy to be involved.” Paddy Jackson, who deputised in Sexton’s absence, drops to the bench with Madigan losing his place among the replacements – unless Sexton fails to recover. Craig Gilroy returns on the right wing after overcoming a groin strain, replacing rib-fracture victim Fergus McFadden. The pack is unchanged from the eight that started against France with lock Donnacha Ryan being given a clean bill of health after taking a bang on his shoulder at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday. Substitute scrum-half Eoin Reddan fractured his leg against France, so uncapped Ulsterman Paul Marshall wins a spot on the bench that includes Devin Toner. Ireland team: R Kearney (Leinster); C Gilroy (Ulster), B O’Driscoll (Leinster), L Marshall (Ulster), K Earls (Munster); J Sexton (Leinster), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster), M Ross (Leinster), M McCarthy (Connacht), D Ryan (Munster), P O’Mahony (Munster), S O’Brien (Leinster), J Heaslip (Leinster, capt). Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster), D Kilcoyne (Munster), S Archer (Munster), D Toner (Leinster), I Henderson (Ulster), P Marshall (Ulster), P Jackson (Ulster), L Fitzgerald (Leinster). Brian O’Driscoll will play potentially his final RBS 6 Nations match after being included in Ireland’s starting XV for their clash with Italy at the Stadio Olimpico.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Davidson open to loan move

No Comments

first_imgJason Davidson insists he is happy at West Brom but has admitted he may look for a loan move to help his international career. Press Association The Australia left-back has made just five appearances for the Baggies since his move from Dutch side Heracles Almelo. He has been kept out of the side by fellow summer arrival Sebastien Pocognoli but is likely to get his chance at Chelsea on Saturday with Pocognoli a doubt with a hamstring tear. center_img Davidson has one eye on January’s Asian Cup in Australia and wants to be in top form for his country. “Being over in England I’m developing as a player and that’s the most important thing for me,” he told Fox Sports. “I’m happy where my situation is. I’m just trying to work hard to get good time. “If I need to get on loan to make sure I’m starting for the Socceroos at the Asian Cup, that’s what I have to try to do.” last_img read more

Ireland coach Joe Schmidt won’t run risks with Robbie Henshaw

No Comments

first_img Darren Cave slots in at 12 with Cian Healy back in at loosehead prop, with Ireland naming their oldest-ever World Cup starting line-up. “It was just that at the start of the week we felt we had to take it a little bit easier than we first thought with Robbie,” said Schmidt. “He is fully running now and we just felt we’d rather not push ahead. “Soft tissue injuries can be quite complicated. “If you get a re-injury on the same site then you are in a situation where his World Cup could be in doubt. “So we’ve taken no risk. “There are times to take risks but this is a great opportunity for Darren Cave.” Romania lost out 38-11 to France at London’s Olympic Stadium on Thursday night and will be pressed into action four days later against Ireland. Ireland boss Schmidt is confident Henshaw will be ready to face Italy despite leaving the 21-year-old out of Sunday’s Pool D clash at Wembley. Henshaw failed to recover from hamstring trouble in time to contest selection for Ireland’s second World Cup encounter, with head coach Schmidt making 12 changes from the side that thrashed Canada 50-7. Joe Schmidt believes pitching Robbie Henshaw into action against Romania could have risked the Connacht centre’s entire World Cup. Uneven rest periods have once again become a World Cup bugbear, with Japan suffering 45-10 defeat to Scotland just four days after stunning South Africa and the world with a 34-32 victory in Brighton. Schmidt was keen not to accept his side gain an unfair edge against the world’s 17th-ranked side this weekend – but did admit Ireland will take any help they can get. “I don’t know if it gives us an unfair advantage, that’s something you might attach to it,” said Schmidt. “But for us the draw is the draw. “That’s just the draw – that’s the reality.” Johnny Sexton, Peter O’Mahony and Iain Henderson all returned to full training for Ireland on Friday after light knocks, but those three were never going to be called upon to face Romania in any case. Surprised to learn Ireland had set a new record with their oldest starting XV at the tournament, Schmidt joked that 34-year-old scrum-half Eoin Reddan may have skewed the stats. “Well Eoin Reddan has probably contributed to that! Is it really?” said a bemused Schmidt. “Hopefully the team won’t show its age!” Schmidt has named four World Cup debutants in his side to face Romania, Richardt Strauss, Devin Toner, Jordi Murphy and Cave making their tournament bows in London. Henshaw will remain the only man of Ireland’s squad not to feature in the competition so far should Schmidt empty his full bench at Wembley. Versatile playmaker Ian Madigan will start at fly-half, but Schmidt admitted the Leinster pivot could move to scrum-half during the course of the match. Madigan is Ireland’s third and emergency scrum-half, covering for Conor Murray and Reddan, with Schmidt keen to hand him a first Test run at nine this weekend. “We want Ian (Madigan) and Paddy (Jackson) both to have some time at 10,” said Schmidt. “But if the game’s going in a direction where we feel Ian would benefit from 15 minutes at nine, then that’s possible.” Press Associationlast_img read more